Thursday, April 2, 2009

Goodbye Room 107!!

Since mid-October, I have had the privilege of working with your children. I can honestly say it has been the most beneficial experience for me...and my first "real teaching job"! I am sad to leave, as each and every child has touched my heart. Some children have asked me "Will you remember me?", and my answer is "Absolutely!" They have also been asking if I will be going to their Kindergarten class next year, or the schools where their siblings are. We told them to put in a good word for me if they hear of any job openings! :-)

Throughout my experience, I have been thoroughly amazed at the depth of knowledge these young children have! I hope that I have taught them as much as they have taught me!

I have not only been able to develop positive relationships with your children, but with some of you as well. What a great school environment that I had the opportunity to interact with many of you on a daily basis! Thank you for welcoming me into your classroom in October, congratulating me on my graduation in December, and wishing me well now that I am moving on. Your thoughts and well wishes are greatly appreciated!

Today we had a going away party with delicious ice-cream sundaes and a goodbye song. I received so many pictures and cards from the children, as well as a book in which each child made their own page, with a picture and message to me. I promised the children that I would read it when I got lonely and missed everyone from Room 107.

I hope to see everyone around, maybe subbing once in a while!

Goodbye Room 107, I'll miss you!!



Love,

Miss Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment