Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday- St. Patrick's Day

Our new morning song asks the children to "close your eyes and make a wish just for today..." After we sang the morning song, we asked the children if they wished for anything, here are some of their wishes:
Andrea"I wish we could go to the waterpark.", Matthew E. "I wish today could be the day for my Dad to be Guest Chef!", Elias"I wish the world was made of fruit snacks!" , Billy " I wish I was on a bulldozer with my Dad", Meghan " I wish I had long hair.", several girls--Solana, Jordan, Lexi, and Elizabeth wished for a "Rapunzel doll with long hair??????? " Spencer "I wish I had on my Batman suit.", Joseph B. "I wish I was riding a tank". Even the teachers longingly wished---Ms. Pam "Wish I was in Hawaii.", Ms. Gina "I wish I had a puppy."

At storytime we reread Abiyoyo. We identified the characters in the story and spelled out the characters names. In small group we continued to discuss the problems in the story and some possible solutions. There were wonderful, imaginative ideas that the children thought of and the teachers recorded the responses.

We went outside to enjoy the sunshine and the bicycles. We had bananas for snack. Please come into our classroom to view an exhibit on Letter Partners!

Ms. Elma

No comments:

Post a Comment